Monday, December 21, 2009

Pictures taken over thanksgiving



the kids were done at this point.


Oh our family is growing. . . . love it. ( all the other kids are Casey and Miriah's in case anyone was wondering 3 year old twin girls, and then two boys, one nine months older than selene, and one nine months younger than selene. )



this child is obsessed with dogs. . . . and we will probably never get one. . . sorry selene. . just have to settle for grandma and grandpa's dog.



bathtime with cousins is always fun.




tinkerbell for halloween ( I love the disney store and all their great sales. )






birthday cake









Birthday presents









Boy I sure do take my time getting around to these blogs don't I. I can sit for hours looking at other peoples blogs, but mine gets pushed to the back. I think it's because I don't really have much to say, and I don't want to expose the real me too much. If you knew how I really was, and how I think realllllly weird things, you might be scared. . . we're all a little weird in our own way though aren't we. for example. I think of weird scary scenarios and what I would need to survive them. like where would I hide if murderer's came to my house. where would I hide my food and money if I had to, and if there was no electricity and we were in a state of civil war, how would I survive. . . everything from food to home made soap and sanitary napkins. . . okay that one was probably a little too much info for you, but that would be a concern. Did you know I'm completely obsessed with Martha Stewart. I like the idea of doing things myself, having a functional household, and being an amazing cook. . . . I have a long way to go with all of those. I'm thinking about taking some cooking classes to get a little better. I'm always very disappointed at the recipes that are demonstrated on TV, and some of the ones found on the internet. I think I am a picky cook. People rave about it, and then I cook it, and I'm like . . ."well . . . it's okay, but it sure isn't anything to rave about. ". I watched Julie and Julia tonight, and I'm thinking I should try my hand at french cooking. I do love butter after all.

I ramble a lot, but it's just what's on my mind. ooohh back to martha stewart. . . I got her book, "Home Keeping Handbook", and I can't put it down. it talks about how to care for anything, it talks about preventative maintenance, and it's like 700 pages. . . Matt got it for me for christmas, and he hasn't had a chance to wrap it yet, because I keep looking at it and reading it. . . . .Love it. I'm a bit worried to get her cook books because I'm afraid of being disappointed . My Lion house cook books are my favorite, Maybe I should just pick a recipe a day to make out of those. I haven't been disappointed by them yet.

a few weeks ago, a christmas package arrived for matt. ( it was for me, but it was ordered by him) I really like surprises, and I didn't want to know what it was, so I told him I would be really careful not to look at the return address so I wouldn't know what store it came from. I tried so hard, but directly on the box, in HUGE letters was the word "CELLO". . . I started freaking out, I have wanted a cello for 3 years now. . . I have obsessed about it, I have dreamed about it. . . . and my most amazing wonderful husband bought one for me. so I get to learn. . . I'm way exceited. ( he had me open the box when he got home anyway. I told him I knew what it was, and could I pretty please open it. . .. . ) I love christmas. I'm waiting for my instruction books I bought off of amazon, and they are taking forever . . . . guess they have to compete with all the christmas cards going out . . . . .

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Well Heather, it looks like you have everything under control. your baby is gorgeous as are you. i love reading and seeing the pictures on your blog so i can keep up with your life. i wish the rest of your family did the same. thanks for sharing
hugs and lots of love aunt beth