Sunday, September 28, 2008

Daddy's little Girl!

Last weekend I went to Idaho for my cousins wedding . Matt had to work, so I took Selene, and we just headed down for the day by ourselves. It was great visiting with family and friends that I haven't seen in a while. Selene and I headed back for home quite a bit later than originally planned, and we ended up pulling into the driveway about 11:30 at night ( I tend to drive slow at night, and Selene can't go 3 hours without eating, so we had to stop at a rest stop to feed her) when we pulled into the garage, the door from the house popped open, and out came Matt. He was so excited we were home. He went straight over to the passenger side and pulled the car seat out of the back. He looked at her, and she looked at him and gave him the biggest smile we have seen her give anybody. It is so fun to watch him interact with her. He says things like "cute" , which he used to make fun of his friends for saying, but now he says it on a regular basis.


On Sunday's, I play piano in primary ( I think I'm going to be in there forever) so Matt takes Selene for two hours. . . I go crazy missing her for just those two hours. It's really going to be bad when I have to go back to work. It's strange how these little ones come into your life and have your heart wrapped around them instantly. In one way, it's strange that we have a kid, and in another, It seems like she's always been a part of our family. I'm so anxious for her to get to the next stage where she will be more interactive , but at the same time, it is making me really sad how fast she is growing and changing.

1 comment:

Amy said...

SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!! Love love love love those pictures. Isnt it hilarious how guys change and get all mushy when they have kids? Gotta love it. Very sweet that he was so excited to see you guys home. I always knew he'd be a big teddy bear once he had kids ;0)