Wednesday, April 15, 2009

my new favorite TV show. .

I used to watch MTV cribs alot . . .I liked it. The novelty has worn off. the rappers and actors just started to all seem to have the same house. . . . . . they had one of two things. . . 1. a big house that was just that . . . .BIG! , or 2. a dinky condo that was a complete mess. I liked to look at the big houses, but it almost seemed like the people bought them because they were big. they put extravegant things in them that were pretty much useless . . . . solid gold toilet??? come on . . . a crapper's a crapper. Now don't get me wrong. . . I am not in any way against wealth. . . in fact I hope to someday be in that category myself. I just have a problem with wasted wealth. . . with that, I have found a new obsession. I like Teen Cribs. ( on MTV at 4. . . set your tivo today ) it showcases Homes of families with Teens, where the parents have geared a lot of the rooms in the house to entertain their children and keep their children at home. . they know where their children are, and have ample opportunities to get to know their childrens friends. . . .I guess the biggest reason I watch this show, is because Matt and I have that same attitude. We want our house to be the cool house that our kids and their friends hang out at. . . . that way we have some control over what is going on ( of course we would never have complete control, nor would that be healthy for our children. ) As much as I worry about Selene now, it's only going to get worse, and I will feel much better if the late nights are spent at our house. . . . .We have a pretty cool home theatre for starters( high def projector and screen measures 13 feet on the diagnal - much more affordable than one might think. ), someday we'll have more. But for now I am going to get some good ideas about what I want in my "dream" home by watching MTV's Teen Cribs. i'm such a nerd!!!!

No comments: