Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth day or Hippie tree hugger day

so today is earth day . . . .. . why am I so opposed to this day . . . why do I roll my eyes every time I see some stupid promotional ad on tv talking about the environment. . . . I can tell you why . I looked up how earth day got started, and it was by some senator in the 60's and grew quickly from there.. so it was started by a government official, out of his government office, and supported by our government funded schools, and promoted by our media biased tv. ( can you tell I'm conservative yet ?) I don't believe in global warming ( oh, I can hear the gasps now ) here are a couple of reasons: 1. I don't think God is stupid and wouldn't plan for the earth to be resiliant. 2. I think the earth has it's natural fluctuations that we don't completely understand, because we only have records that go back so many years. 3. there are too many scientists that say global warming doesn't exist. ( I could go on about the science issue . . if you want a good watch, watch 'expelled - no intelligence allowed ' . . . awesome documentary about the scientific community. I think my biggest problem with earth day, is that it is so politically driven, that I am driven away from it. why don't they call it, beautify the earth day. or cleanup your junk day. or something a little less libral. I am not opposed to the idea of earth day. I quite enjoy planting flowers and vegetables and trees, and I like to have clean water and feel it is important to keep our water sources clean. I like to have our hyways be free from trash. and our air smelling good. . . . but I tend to rebel heavily from anything I feel is government or hippie funded. Maybe I'll start my own day, and I'll call it beautify day . . . in fact I think I will . I will have it in may, when you can actually start planting vegetable's at least, because it's after the last frost. . . . .Oh, I know I'm a nerd. I just get so irritated when i feel like I am forced to do things for a government party that I don't agree with. and if I don't agree with it, then I am a bad person.

1 comment:

Jord and Jenn said...

Heather, I just love your rantings. They make me laugh and i totally agree with you.