Sunday, January 4, 2009

pictures

let the bad habits begin. . . I think I mentioned it before. but here is the documentation. . . she has begun to suck her thumb . .. the good news is, she's pretty muched stopped on her own. if she's really hungry or she is having trouble going down for a nap, then she will suck on it. but other than that, she doesn't really touch it. . . instead she puts everything else in her mouth.






selene is starting to notice things around her. . . I found her like this a few weeks ago. . . she's never really cared about the mobile until now. . . she sat like this for like half an hour just watching it go around and around.





she really likes watching TV. I will lay her down on the floor, and leave her there and she will use her legs to turn herself so that she can see the TV. . . it's pretty funny. in the mornings, when I am nursing her, she will stop and twist her body around so that she can watch TV. . . .not so funny when I am in a hurry. ( I had a picture of her and matt both staring at the TV, but I need to get my husband some longer pajama shorts . . . . not sure it's very appropriate for me to broadcast to the world my husbands religion )






when I make a low mono-tone humming sound, she starts to cry . . . It's really funny. ( is that bad that I kept doing it over and over again so I could get a picture. . . .) she'll appreciate it when she's older.



In 2008 in Matt's family. there were 4 little girls born. . . first we have zoey who is 3 months older than Selene, then we have Selene, then we have Evie, who was born on the same day as Selene but a little later in the day, then we have the youngest of the 4, Tanya, who is I think a little less than a month younger than Selene and Evie. I am going to make a few predictions. . . .these girls will grow up to be good friends, or these girls will hate each other ( highly unlikely), or these girls will like each other, but if there is more than two of them together, they may not get along so well and will form cliques ( I say this is most likely. as has been my childhood experience. . .. three's a crowd when it comes to family)



for christmas this year we had most of matt's family at our place and it was great to spend time with them. I am hopeing that we can continue to do this every few years. . . It will probably get harder as the families grow and but hopefully we will be able to arrange for it every few years. . . . ( I am hopeing that someday we will have a really big house so we can continue to host it even with lots of people. . . I think that the memories these family get togethers will provide for these kids will be priceless.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Great pics! My favorite is her scrunching up her face to fuss. Too cute. I hated it when Tannon would turn towards his siblings to look around when I was trying to nurse, he loved distractions.